Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Generation Me.

After reading the two articles "Generation Me" and "The Why-Worry Generation", it put me into a new perspective when it comes to how I'm viewed when my elders see me. The articles discuss how we're narcissists, conceited and self-centered and although I tend to see multiple people close to my age act that way, I know that there are people of every age that act in that manner as well. I think all of us have the potential to be that way but it's just a matter of choosing not to. If anything, these articles make me feel a bit more self-conscious of how I'm perceived. In today's society, many of us feel that we must think highly of ourselves so others can and I think it just pressures people more and more to live up to it. Every generation had different standards but every generation also had the negative aspects, attitudes and perspectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment